Thursday, February 26, 2009

Day 2 of WW

Today is day 2 of me doing WW online. It's not been all that bad and I have to say that the Lean Cuisine Garlic Chicken Pizza that I had for lunch today was very good!! My biggest problem with this is breakfast!!! I am a sweet eater! I love cinnamon rolls, muffins, pancakes, french toast...you name it! I'm having trouble finding a filling breakfast that also somewhat satisfies the sweettooth too. I have been eating Lowfat vanilla yogurt with granola some morning and I really like that but I think I need more options, so I am searching.

So I guess I should talk about my day and what goes on around here. I have a 12 year old who will soon be 13....the dreaded teenage years!! Although we've been dealing with some of the teenage issues already I am seriously dreading this. She's a great kid but I worry so much about influences and things that kids are exposed to. I know that she has to grow up and that eventually she's going to like boys and all that, it just scares the heck out of me!! Tonight we have parent teacher conferences and I know that we will hear some great comments from the teachers (we always do) and that she had straight A's this past semester and it makes me so proud, I do worry sometimes that we push her too hard. Why does parenting have to be SO hard???
I also have a 5 year old son who is really much easier at this point, our biggest problem with him is that he's a very picky eater!! Who ever heard of a kid who doesn't like potatoes???? He's sweet and kind hearted just like his sister but he also has a stubborn streak.......don't know where that came from!!! (She says with a very big grin). I am sure we'll have some attitude issues and things when he becomes the dreaded teenager too!! Oh and we'll have his parent teacher conference too and if it's anything like his first one I'm sure he's doing great too. They both really make me very proud to be their mom!! It truly is a BLESSING...teenager or not :)

1 comment:

  1. YAY!! Your an official blogger!! And I can post a message! Hmmm, breakfast help - do you like oatmeal? I have it with cranraisins and some granola in it, as well as splenda to sweetin it a bit. Or my favorite english muffin topped with peanut butter and a small bit of jelly - yum!! lol

    ReplyDelete