Friday, March 6, 2009

What a week it's been!

Wow, I can't believe it's been over a week since I posted. It was a crazy one! My hubby ended up sick over the weekend and just didn't feel like doing much, so we stuck close to home for the most part. Then guess who wakes up with it on Tuesday! UGH, ME! My throat was a little scratchy but I felt ok in the morning. But the afternoon I was not feeling well and then yesterday was the worst yet. I think it may have been a cross between being sick and allergies since the weather here has been gorgeous and the trees are budding and the wind it blowing. Anyway, I feel much better today.
Good news is that I lost 1.6 lbs. doing Weight Watchers!! YEAH!! I was pretty excited. Sometimes it's hard to stick to the points, especially going out to dinner on the weekends BUT I did it!! I went over a little but only needed to use about 4 of my flex points total, so that was good! Now, I hate to say that I haven't been much in the mood for eating since I've been sick BUT I have been trying to stick with eating lunch everyday since that seems to help me keep my hunger under control. I hope to try some weight watchers recipes in the next week or so and maybe post some reviews.

Ok, so while I was gone my Blogger friend Missty gave me an awesome award... I'm not sure exactly how to do this so I am just adding it to my post. I am hoping to figure out by the end of this how to add the little graphic that she had on her blog.


Let's see 10 Honest things about me, then I am supposed to pass it along to 10 people (now, being new to the blogging world, I have no clue how to even do this!! LOL)

1. I am married to my high school sweetheart. We have been together for 23 years but have been married for a little over 15 years.
2. I am addicted to Food Network and HGTV, I think I always have one or the other on during the day.
3. My dream job would be to be a party planner! I just think it would be so cool to plan big parties with fun stuff all with someone elses money!
4. I am terribly embarrassed by my weight and have been for sometime now, that's why I am currently doing WW.
5. I do not know my biological father and I'm not close with my adoptive father and I think that's why I stress so much to my husband about being close to our daughter (which by the way he is!) I always wanted to be a daddy's girl and I'm jealous of those who are :)
6. I HATE HATE HATE to have my feet touched...for any reason which is ironic since my hubby is a podiatrist! :)
7. I am newly addicted to facebook! But it's a great thing because I've reconnected with lots of people from high school that I have seen or talked to in years!
8. I struggle on a daily basis with being a stay at home mom versus a working mom. I love being home with my kids and for my kids BUT sometimes I feel like I should go back to work to get more respect. I think so many times SAHM's are not respected for the things they do!
9. I am a very emotional person. My feelings get hurt easily and I hate seeing someone else cry because it always makes me cry!
10. I have a many fears...I am claustrophobic, afraid of spiders, afraid of heights...I wish I wasn't afraid of all these things.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for playing Amy. Funny about your feet not being touched with your husband a podiatrist. lol

    Glad your feeling better.

    ReplyDelete